At The Panelling Centre, we strive to use our decades of industry experience to answer all your questions about what our stores have to offer. We have been supplying kitchens, interior space solutions and appliances, to home renovators and trades professionals since 1973, and with this experience we understand that the kitchen is the most used area of the home and it’s important that your kitchen (or space solution) works for you. Whether you are a builder, contractor or home-owner doing it yourself, we’ve answered some of your most frequently asked questions below.
If your questions aren’t answered here, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via the online form here, or give us a call during operating hours.
(these questions have been updated during the Coronavirus outbreak)
- What social distancing guidelines do you have in place?
While branches have been closed, our team have adapted operational procedures and we have implemented rigorous new health and safety protocols. These have been designed to protect customers and colleagues while also making the experience as easy as possible for customers.
All our team members have undergone training on the new protocols which include hygiene, delivery procedures, social distancing and footfall management. To ensure consistent high levels of compliance with these new procedures, all colleagues have completed an online certification course before returning to their local branch.
Customers arriving to their local branch can expect the following changes:
- Hand sanitation stations at the main entrance of each branch which will offer gloves and hand sanitising gel. All customers will be required to sanitise their hands-on arrival
- Perspex screens have been erected at all counters to protect customers and colleagues
- Where possible customers will be asked to pay by account, and they will be invoiced accordingly
- Updated signage reminding customers and colleagues of the new safety protocols have been implemented in each branch. This includes clear two metre markings outside each branch to allow for social distance queuing
- Capacity in branch will be restricted to allow for social distancing and customers will be asked to limit their time in branch where possible
- Daily cleaning schedules have been increased to ensure rigorous cleaning in key touchpoints throughout the branches
- Designated collection points have been created outside the branch for orders which have been placed online or via phone
- Pre-booked time slots for deliveries into branches to manage capacity
- Are you open to the public or only for tradespeople?
We cater for both. We have been a nationwide supplier to trades professionals since 1973, and have trade counters in Dublin (Santry, Walkinstown and Deansgrange), Limerick, Cork and Galway. We also have showrooms open to both trade and public in all of these locations, as well as in Ennis, Co. Clare.
- Where are you located, and what are your opening hours?
Our various branches have slightly different opening hours, so it is best to visit our website here for a list of branch locations and opening hours for each branch. Google maps will also provide an up-to-date view of our opening hours.
- What information do I need to obtain a design and quotation?
Before visiting your local showroom or trade counter, we recommend to give us a call and speak to one of our team members who will advise you of all the information we need, to help us design your project. We also recommend browsing our brochures, which can be downloaded from the homepage of our website. There is also a handy ‘Guide to Planning Your Kitchen’ available to download here for free.
- Do I need to make an appointment for a design consultation, and do you provide this online too?
If you are at the beginning of your project, we recommend making an appointment with a designer, and we can do this with you online. We can share with you a 360 degree view of your project to view too. When the time comes that you need to visit a showroom to see the products in person, then you will need to make an appointment. In line with government guidelines, we have limited capacity in our showrooms, so please be aware that you may have to queue for a short time, as we are limiting showroom visits to 15 minutes to ensure safety for everyone.
- If I cannot spend the time that I would like to in the showroom, can you post out samples of products to me?
If you can’t make it into the branch, we can arrange to send out samples to you. With certain items, like door frontals, there is a cost associated that will have to be paid in advance. This cost will be refunded on purchase of your project / kitchen.
- What budgets do you cater for?
When it comes to making changes to your home, whether they are big or small, the last thing you want is to go over budget. We have a range of kitchen, bedroom and utility door styles to suit all budgets. There are various options to consider – replacement of handles for a quick refresh; reface your doors for a bigger change up; or a complete upgrade with a new layout and install. Talk to us, and we’ll discuss the many options to suit every pocket.
- Do you provide a site visit service?
We believe that your local trades professional is best suited to measure your space for your project, as they will be co-ordinating and fitting your new kitchen (or wardrobes, utility etc.). Our trade counter colleagues and showroom designers will work with the measurements provided by you. So it is really important that your trades professional signs off on these measurements, to avoid any issues down the line.
- Do you provide a fitting service?
We are a supply-only provider, and therefore recommend your local trusted trades professional would fit your new interiors from us. You can ask family and friends for recommendations in your area, or your local Panelling Centre branch can help you connect with a trade professional from our list of approved recommended fitters.
- How do I decide on which kitchen would best suit my space?
When it comes to current interior trends and the most popular products and styles that home-owners love, our designers and trade counter experts have their ear to the ground. Our experts collaborate with our customers to find out what products you are interested in, what will suit their lifestyle and of course work within the customers budget.
- How do I check stock availability?
We have the advantage of being able to tap into various branch stock counts. This means that if a certain product isn’t available in your local branch, we can source it from another branch the very next day. Of course, this always depends on the product, but if the item you are looking for is completely out of stock, we are happy to order it from local or global suppliers.
- What door sizes do you stock?
We have a huge range of door sizes for kitchens, utility rooms, wardrobes and other interior space solutions in stock. We also provide a custom-made range of door sizes. For our stocked door sizes, visit our website here.
- What size worktops do you have available?
We have a huge range of worktops available, check out the full range here. Our worktops come in two sizes, 3600mm or 4100mm, depending on style.
- Is it possible to just buy doors or just buy units on their own?
Yes absolutely, you can indeed buy single items. There is no minimum on door or unit purchases.
- I am a trade professional – is the price listed in the trade counter the final price?
If you talk to our trade counter experts, we can provide a discounted deal for you, dependent on the size of your order. We have monthly trade deals on offer, and can also discount further for both new and existing customers.
- Do you charge for delivery?
Yes we do, please check when placing your order for a delivery charge quote.
- What is the turnaround time for delivery?
In normal circumstances, we can provide a stocked item for you straight away for collection, or if you require delivery, if ordered before 12.00pm midday, we can deliver the next day (under social distancing best practice). For SmartFit kitchens, these are normally a 4-week turnaround, from final sign-off of your design. With any special order items, please expect extended lead times due to Covid-19 supplier restrictions. For up to date information on this, please ask a team member for an accurate ETA.
- What are your delivery times?
We can deliver Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.30am to 6.00pm. Our delivery drivers normally call you approx. 1 hour before arriving.
HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION?
If your question wasn’t answered here, find out more about the Panelling Centre’s products and services, by contacting your local branch and speak to one of our team members. For updated opening hours and branch locations, visit https://www.panellingcentre.ie/contact-us.html or find us on Google.